Just unfit or something Pituitary related.

Re: Just unfit or something Pituitary related.

Postby MikeDCross » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Carl,

If you knew me better, you would know that I have spent my life disproving consultants views/prediction.

I'm going to do everything possible to get my fitness back go where it was or better, it will just take some time :-)

Mike
MikeDCross

Postby Carl » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:50 am

Lol, that's good to know Mike :mrgreen:
Carl

Postby MikeDCross » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:03 pm

I'm not quite sure how to explain this...

When swimming I can swim 100m and then need a 30 sec rest; after which I can swim another 100m, and need a rest; and I can keep doing swim/rest for 3000m.

Does this sound like a fitness or something Pituitary related.
MikeDCross

Postby Pat » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:31 am

hi Mike
could depend on how often and how used you are to swimming lengths- if you are used to doing this on regular basis it could be about timing your hydrocortisone dose for instance, so that you are getting more benefit of the dose by taking around 1/2 an hour before exercising.
Did you ever get checked for GH deficiency?
Pat

Postby MikeDCross » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:32 pm

It has been months since my last update and it is time to correct that:

Medication - TestIM (only meds), and appear to be working well.

Health - as improved considerably, not a cold or sniffle in slight - I just know I should not have typed this.

Strength - Weight training is going well, I am certainly much stronger than before, but still no sign of visibly bulky muscles :-( all that work, and nothing to show for it.

Fitness - my stamina has improved a great deal, as long as I'm "slow", I can easily swim 2500m back crawl in 60 mins; what I cannot do is swim fast, fast swimming (100M < 80 seconds) kills me totally. I tried to discuss this with my consultant, but it appears she has never exercised and has no clue.

overall, life is good.
MikeDCross

Postby Carl » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 am

Good to hear about improvements Mike. A do a lower level of working out than you, Pilates and some light weight lifting at home plus a lot of walking. I'm in my mid-50s so I guess I will never see muscle mass return to what it once was, but it is vastly improved from pre-diagnosis. All my life I've been able to walk and walk and walk, but never one for running. I used to be a Postman and could walk the longest rounds easily, but try and run them and it would knock me out. I'm not sure that is anything to do with my pituitary gland, just some kind of physical "wall" I would have to break down to overcome - I'm sure I could, but I've never been motivated enough to try!

Great that the Testim is working for you particularly as you had a lot of problems with blood results, so that is a massive positive.

I've got a bit of a cough right now, but for the last few years although I still get the odd sniffle, they are a lot less bothersome than they used to be. Long may it continue!
Carl

Previous

Return to Hypopituitarism