New Member saying Hello

Re: New Member saying Hello

Postby MikeDCross » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi,

Looking back over the last 7 days, nothing has really changed, which is probably a good thing.

I wish there was some improvement in my sleeping, I feel exhausted by 7pm, but it does not seem to matter when I go to sleep, I end up waking up every 2 hours; most times I just go back to sleep; but far to often I get to 3:30am a truly ungodly hour of the morning and stay awake.

I was advised to try Binaural Beats + Isochronic Tones, and they may be helping when I do "just fall asleep again", but they dont seem to do anything when I'm just awake.

Asked the nurse at the GP (could not get a doctor),who said that this was not uncommon, and it would improve as my T levels increased.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks
MikeDCross

Postby Carl » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:09 am

Well I count myself lucky in the sleep regard, I've always been a good sleeper and can sleep through pretty much anything. There was a short period after my operation where I didn't sleep very well, but only a few weeks. For me if exhaustion kicks in, which is pretty rare these days, it is lack of Cortisol. The brain fog descends and the only thing that fixes it is an early dose of hydrocortisone, normally for me this is lunchtime, again like Testo, I make very little Cortisol of my own.
Carl

Postby MikeDCross » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi,

Changed bedrooms, to a cooler, quieter room and my sleep is a great deal better -- very strange I've slept in my old room for years without a problem.

I've had a few days when I was so tired that I was in bed by 8pm, which is like being a child again, but I'm more alive at 5am when I have to get up, so I cannot really complain.

Not sure, if it the T injection, more consistent training or eating better- or a combination, but I'm certainly stronger than I was a month ago ;-)
MikeDCross

Postby MikeDCross » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi,

Really nothing to report, pretty much the same as last week; sleeping lots, although more awake in the mornings which is good.

Training going well, I think I may be getting a little fitter / stronger.

So, no great changes - I'm guessing this is a good thing.
MikeDCross

Postby Carl » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:18 am

Yep, sounds like you are doing OK, great news. Steady progress is what it is all about, when the positive things slowly start to outnumber the negative things.
Carl

Postby MikeDCross » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Carl,

Thank you for the sage advice; always to easy to look at the negatives in life.
MikeDCross

Postby MikeDCross » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:04 pm

I think the injection ran out... all my old symptoms are coming back not so slowly, and I have 3 weeks to wait for the next injection (delayed due to Christmas).. Saw my GP who said she would record in my records and that the consultant your see it my the wonders of technology. Hoping that things return to the "good" normal after the next injection....
MikeDCross

Postby Carl » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:42 pm

I had a blood test to check my T levels towards the end of my first 3 Nebido injections. At the end of my first 12 weeks the levels were a bit low hence I moved to 10 weeks duration. So it might be worth seeing if you can get the GP to do a blood form to prove your levels one way or the other?
Carl

Postby MikeDCross » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Next injection is in 2 weeks, then they want to me wait 2 weeks, and then have blood tests -- they said that protocol and we must follow protocol.

This injection is supposed to last 12 weeks, so I'm not sure the point of blood tests at 2 weeks, but I'll have them; and then ask to have them repeated at 10 weeks to see how my levels are then.

My symptoms are definitely getting more pronounced, the most annoying being the sleep, I'm falling asleep in the chair, go to bed and then keep waking up -- and I like my sleep ;-)

I've also noticed that I'm taking a lot lot longer to heal from minor cuts/grazes; I swim lots and if I don't get out of the pool without a scratch from another swimmer, or a graze from hitting the lane divider or worst the wall, I've not been trying enough. A year ago they would scab over and be gone in no time at all. Now, the process takes weeks and weeks, then eventually heal up and everything is fine, it just takes a lot longer. Is this common? It is a sign of some other hormone reducing?
MikeDCross

Postby Carl » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:44 am

I guess the 2 week test is to see if the injection is taking you up to the 'correct' level of T and that your body is absorbing it. As for sleep, that must be annoying - prior to diagnosis I used to fall asleep in the evenings which I think was a combination of lack of Cortisol and lack of T. I sleep right through the night now.....but sleep problems have so many causes, such as raised Thyroid levels

Not sure about the non healing of cuts, it is nothing I've experienced, sounds like something else for the doctor to investigate.
Carl

PreviousNext

Return to Other Pituitary Conditions