Interesting Video

Interesting Video

Postby MikeDCross » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Been searching for information,and found an interesting video >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUitMlwMlkw <<

Interesting to see how the US and UK treat type 2 differently

UK from my limited experience is Nebido every 14 weeks. When I asked my consultant why the difference, her response was interesting "we (UK) do evidence based medicine"....which really was not an answer, as I assume the US have equally good doctors and evidence.

US from the numerous videos - T and HCG, with 1 or 2 T injections / week.

Hopefully the video is informative and helpful

I've really like to understand why the UK / US treat the same condition so differently, and which is more effective.
MikeDCross

Re: Interesting Video

Postby Carl » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Thanks for the video link, interesting. I had never heard of different types of Hypogonadism, although having watched the video it makes perfect sense that I have secondary Hypogonadism in the same way I have secondard Adrenal Insufficiency (I have healthly testes and healthy adrenal glands, but the signal to make them work isn't working properly)

I had never heard of HCG before this video, so wonder what the overall benefits/risks are between having HCG and having T injections. Certainly I don't identify with the guy in the video in terms of the problems he suffered with depression etc. prior to my diagnosis. I do feel my mental attitude to life has greatly improved and I am a lot more assertive and positive now, but I wasn't (thanksfully) so far down the scale as he was.

I started to watch his other video where he goes through his blood results, but ran out of time....I'll watch that later on at some point.
Carl

Re: Interesting Video

Postby MikeDCross » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:05 am

Carl,

I've watched a number of his videos, some are informative and many are not; it does seem that his Drs have a very different approach than mine.

I have type 2, and the UK give me T injections which removes the need for my body to create T, and does nothing to help with other hormone levels affected; the US approach appears to maintain normal function as much as possible and only boost when the body cannot produce enough T -- when I asked my UK consultant, she got defensive and basically said that the UK use "evidence based medicine", whereas the US use "whatever they can charge for" medicine, which seems unfair.
MikeDCross

Return to Other Pituitary Conditions