Experiences of Surgery

Re: Experiences of Surgery

Postby member_41389 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi Neil
The ENT guy at the local support group mentioned one possible help which you may not know about. Apparently they give all their patients a Neilmed Sinus Rise kit as it helps to clear out the rubbish. Using one is not a very pleasant experience but I found it did the trick for me. This link https://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/resources/patient-information/pharmacy/neilmed-sinus-rinse.pdf has a description. I bought my kit from a local Boots so they are generally available.
Tim
member_41389

Postby Mgh » Fri May 24, 2019 8:34 am

Tim, thank you for reminding me of that advice about the Neilmed Sinus Rinse. Two heads are definitely better than one. I had forgotten that detail!
Carl is very lucky in that he appears to have 'joined up' medical care that he can depend on. I think the effect of such reassurance is underrated. Neil, I hope you will find it helpful to know that a variety of possible issues is considered when patients are treated by a good multi disciplinary team. Therefore, It is not asking too much to have your continuing concerns taken seriously and monitored, at the very least. M
Mgh

Postby Carl » Tue May 28, 2019 7:32 am

It is a yes from me too about the "Neilmed Sinus Rise kit". As soon as the packs came out of my nose the ward sister showed me how to use the kit and it helped a lot (although she chose about 10pm to do the training, which I wasn't overly appreciative of at the time!). Tended to drown myself with it initially until I got the technique correct :mrgreen:
Carl

Previous

Return to Surgery