2nd Surgery

2nd Surgery

Postby member_42793 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:53 am

Hi everyone

I had my 2nd Surgery on September 17th, which went very well, at first I lost all function of my pituitary and was on full replacements. I also had DI for a while but luckily that was transient.

Since surgery I have had bloods done and am now just on Levothyroxine and Testosterone replacement. There’s a good chance I will be able to drop those also, but for how long remains to be seen. I yesterday started Radiotherapy treatment. 25 doses over a 5 week period to cover the entire pituitary fossa. So inevitably I will probably lose some if not all pituitary function through Radiotherapy damage. I’m ok with that and accept if that’s what it takes to stop another regrowth then so be it. I’m just hoping and praying that DI doesn’t result as it’s not a pleasant experience at all as I’m sure some of you are all to aware.

Anyway I just thought I’d share my 2nd experience with you and if anyone has any questions they want to ask then please feel free, I consider myself fairly seasoned now with regard to surgery, hormone replacement and soon Radiotherapy experiences, so would be more than happy to talk if anyone has any anxieties.

On both occasions mine has been a non-functioning Macroadenoma

All the best
Karl
member_42793

Re: 2nd Surgery

Postby Carl » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 am

Hi Karl, thanks for sharing. It is interesting for me in particular as I too had a non-functioning macro adenoma removed in 2013 and although I haven't had any regrowth, it is always a concern.

Hope the Radiotherapy sorts you out, it would be a shame to lose further function but at least with our conditions you can take a pill or injection which is fairly effective at replacing what you lose....albeit a bit of a nuisance.

I had transient DI after my surgery, really didn't like that at all - like you that is the one condition I would fear the most. It was a horrible 3 months for me.

Let us know how the Radiotherapy goes.

Carl.
Carl

Re: 2nd Surgery

Postby member_42793 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:17 pm

I’m 8 sessions into my 25, starting to feel really tired, but it comes and goes, same with nausea and headaches.

Not sure what to expect in terms of how quickly it might work? My tumour has all but been removed, so hopefully it’s a quicker response than if I hadn’t had surgery but I’m not sure.?

Karl
member_42793

Return to Surgery