Helllo

Helllo

Postby Gavinjb » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:06 pm

Hello, My Name is Gavin, I am 44 from Derby.

I have been diagnosed with Panhypopituitarism, Adrenal insufficiency, and Growth Hormone deficiency.

I have been a member of the Pituitary Foundation for over a year now and I was wondering if there is anyone else in the Derby area who also has similar pituitary problems as me. my hobbies are Computers, playing games on my computer, the Internet, making websites, Collecting postcard and Stamps and enjoying life
Gavinjb

Re: Helllo

Postby member_41389 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:28 pm

Hi Gavin
Afraid I'm not in the Derby area, I'm in Bristol, but there's a local support group in your area https://www.pituitary.org.uk/support-for-you/support-in-your-area/central-england/derbynottingham/ and it might be worth contacting the co-ordinator, Dee.
I'm hypopit but with the benefit of acromegaly; so too much GH and not enough of the rest. I had surgery 2016 and Gamma Knife in 2017 and I'm still waiting for the GH to get back into range.
Take care of yourself and keep visiting the forum, sadly its' a bit quiet but I visit most days, I'm just not very good at starting conversations.
Tim
member_41389

Re: Helllo

Postby Carl » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:05 pm

I'm on the South Coast near Southampton, so not in your area either. Definitely worth trying the support group and see if it works for you. Even though their physical meetings may be on hold, they may be doing something over the phone instead or by one of the increasingly popular video call apps.
Carl

Return to Living with Pituitary