pan hypo

pan hypo

Postby janet123 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:29 pm

ger ireland

just wondering if any one can help was diagnosed with panhypo 16 months ago none of my glands are working i am on all the usual meds hydrocotone, eltroxin, nuseals , losec,lipitor etc., and now growth hormone, i have only started the growth hormone so i know its early days yet . i am constantly getting dizzy spells and headaches i have this well before i started the growth hormones so it cant be related to that I still have pains and very low energy I constantly have either constapation or dihorea , i have not seen a neurosurgeon yet cannot get an appointment until feb 2013 when i see my endo i am told i may not need surgery as i will only be operated on if it affects my vision . he doesnt seem to have an answer to my problems i am out of work at the moment and dont know if i would be better to go back and try to get back to some normality , does anyone have any ideas for me i would welcome any feedback as i really feel i am getting nowere
janet123

Re: pan hypo

Postby plum » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:36 am

hi
sorry to hear what you are going through.

i also went through what felt like a very long time before the correct decisions were made. and it is a bewlidering time isn't it?

thinking about the pain and tiredness, i was just wondering about your vitamin D levels. have you had them cheked by your GP? don't take vitamin supplements before you have had a blood test in case that masks any problem....

are you able to work? if so then you may find that it at least helps to take your mind off things while you are waiting. as you say, it may give you some 'normality'. and also you don't need to add lack of income to all the health problems!

good luck and let us know how you get on.

plum
plum

Postby janet123 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:37 pm

hi plum

great to hear from you it means a lot to talk to someone that understands how you feel am back with my g.p next week and will have a chat with her regarding vitimin d it might help im going to stay off work for another few weeks as i dont think i would be able to do full time

i will let you know how i get on
janet123

Postby plum » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:23 am

hi

just follow what your body tells you. if it says time off is good then do it! would your employer allow you to work part time?

i was self employed and therefore didn't have anything to fall back on and now am looking for work i cannot find anything becasue funnily enough no one wants to employ me for 10-12 hours a week but on varying days depending on my medical appointments, energy levels etc.

good luck

plum
plum

Return to Living with Pituitary