inoperable tumor

inoperable tumor

Postby member_39544 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 am

As I am online now I was wondering if there is anyone else out there with an inoperable tumor? When I was told this the doctor told me to 'forget about it' A bit difficult now I've had the news, although it does explain why I have been feeling odd for sometime. I'm on tabs for high blood pressure and thyroid problems. It seems I may have slipped through the net, not having an M.R.I until recently whereby it all came to light. So I suppose I have to live with it now with the prospect of becoming worse in time. I have a 'funny' eye also, misty at the bottom of sight. I have an Endocrine appointment at end of month so I am being checked regularly. Cheers, Christine
member_39544

Re: inoperable tumor

Postby plum » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:17 am

hi
sorry to hear that, and sorry to hear you doctor's particularly unhepful comment.
am assuming that you have had a field vision test at the optician/opthalmologist?
if not, can you get one done pre-endocrine appointment and take the results in? they seem to like that sort of thing (patients bringing htem results etc). it also speeds things up.
my tumour is partly inoperable. as in: they managed to get out what they could and had to leave the rest. the remainder has been zapped with radiotherapy and now i have to be patient while we see if the thing a) stops growing b) shrinks.
good luck.
i'm also having counselling, which helps tremendously. would that be an option for you?
good luck
plum
plum

Re: inoperable tumor

Postby member_39544 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:04 am

Hi Plum, thanks for that. I'm no too sure counceling would be much help to me, I have had some other nasties happen in my life and have toughened up quite a bit. I've a good little family supporting me and now I have got my head around the situation I am resighned (can't spell, sorry) to my situation although becoming a member does help as I felt a bit isolated with my condition. it helps to gain some knowledge. My concentration isn't too good now and i find some of the information out there too much to take in. This way I can chat to others like me. I hope you get some comfort from talking to a professional, I shall send a big air hug to you! :P Christine
member_39544

Return to Living with Pituitary