Over reaction to ambient temperatures

Over reaction to ambient temperatures

Postby mumcat2 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:14 pm

:?: Does anyone else suffer the strange side-effect of hypopit that I do? - I'm only comfortable in a very narrow range of ambient temperatures. On a day like today (Sunday 7 July) which to most folks seems to have been pleasantly warm, I develop a galloping sweat if I do anything much more than sitting around. I do mean a galloping sweat too - I tried to put a new fitting onto our hosepipe this evening,and had to give up because of the sweat streaming down my face, making my eyes sting. On the other side of it, when other folks are only finding the weather cool, I dither with cold and end up with three or four layers of clothes while everyone around me is in a sweat shirt but no layers. I've been trying to find out what the actual details are of the link between the pituitary and thermo-regulation but have drawn a blank so far. Does anyone out there know the nuts and bolts of it? Does anyone else have the same problem, and if so, is there anything they do that helps to soften the effects? I ought to know - I've had pit problems for 40+ years but I just can't track it down. :?
mumcat2

Re: Over reaction to ambient temperatures

Postby member_40069 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:50 pm

I can totally relate to this, undiagnosed at the moment I cannot even venture out in the hot temperatures. I stay indoors with the fan on, my body swells because of the heat, living in lightweight lounge pants. I only go out into the garden once the temperature has dropped, that is usually late evening. At the other end of the scale during the winter months I have to carry around reusable heat pads, hot water bottles as well as wearing over thermal padded trousers because of continual shin splints and the cold weather. The main organ that controls body temperature is the hypothalamus, hypothyroidism is just one of the conditions displaying this,but there are more. I hope this helps you to some degree.
member_40069

Return to Living with Pituitary