Ovulation Induction ???

Re: Ovulation Induction ???

Postby jemima » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi everyone

I'm due on Monday!! So excited to have got this far and everything has been (and I hate this word normally but happy that pregnancy has been) 'normal'

Had lots of Braxton hicks but nothing else going on unfortunately but this is not unexpected given panhypopituitary and had whole pit removed. Booked in for elective c section Monday as they don't want me to go overdue - if it hasn't happened naturally by that point they don't think it will. Still will be happy to have baby here!

Realised when I was reading the posts that I never mentioned that I did not need 4-6 weeks of ivf drugs as I had previously been told, had a little over 2 weeks and 2 weeks is standard ivf protocol! Can't explain why it took so long on the induction but not the ivf. Although we had a break in between the induction and ivf I do wonder if the induction kick started my ovaries so that they were used to the hormones...? Not sure, could have just been the level of drugs too.

Guessing I may be a little busy to get on here again too soon but any questions about this feel free to ask.

Xx J
jemima

Postby Jenny » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Wishing you the best of luck Jemima and looking forward to your news. :-)
Jenny

Postby jemima » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:25 pm

Daniel arrived today at 10:55 weighing 7lbs.

Had 100iv hydrocortisone just before and then another 50iv at 5pm. Feeling surprisingly well, stomach a little sore from c section and tired as I did not get much sleep last night but otherwise feeling good!

As always any qs let me know although may take a little longer for a reply now!

Xx J
jemima

Postby Pat » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Congratulations on the safe arrival of baby Daniel; glad that you are both ok
take care

pat
Pat

Postby Jenny » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:46 pm

Congratulations Jemima. Good to hear of the safe arrival of Daniel. Take it as gently as you can and hope you make a good recovery from the c-section. :)
Jenny

Postby Carl » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:11 am

Congrats!!
Carl

Postby Camomile » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello! I haven't looked at this forum for ages - not since I posted right back at the beginning of this thread - and it's so nice to hear good news! Congratulations Jemima! Now the fun starts. When I last posted I was pregnant with my son (who is now a whopping 2 and a half year old) and now I am pregnant again, due date last Saturday 8 th Feb so very like you Jemima. I'm overdue so feeling a bit exhausted. I expect to be induced next Thursday as like you the docs don't know whether I'll go into labour naturally. That's what happened with my son - it wasn't too bad so I don't mind really this time round. I had a struggle with breast feeding last time: all the way through my pregnancy I was told I probably wouldn't be able to, but then did have some milk so thought i could. Unfortunately it just didn't seem to be enough, as my son was getting thinner and thinner so I bottle fed him. It was all quite stressful at the time but now I've seen my son turn out so healthy and beautiful I won't worry about it so much this time. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. It's funny you said about not putting on weight Jemima, as I hardly have too! I had wondered about it a bit - thought it might be something to do with the high dose of thyroxine I'm on...? (In case people don't know it's really important to increase your thyroxine dose as soon as you get pregnant). Anyway, enjoy your gorgeous boy Jemima. And good luck anyone else embarking on fertility treatment. It's all worth it - just a shame we have to pay for treatment second time round.
All the best
Camomile x
Camomile

Postby jemima » Sat May 31, 2014 7:48 am

Hi ladies

Little guy nearly four months and doing well, I'm another story.

Bled for 10 weeks straight, it finally stopped only for it to start and stop again and start again now.

I've also had two emergency admissions to a&be with chest pain as I thought I was having a heart attack - all ok but no explanation as to pain... Not heart, chest, embolism or gallstones. I also have stomach ache a lot of the time and subsequent trouble with going to the loo.

Also having trouble with nearly all my joints but particularly my hip which slipped (sufe).

Am seeing gp in two weeks and endo at the end of June - but in the meantime anyone had anything similar post baby or otherwise have any ideas?

Wondering about estrogen as that is related to bleeding and the reason hips slip...

Any help gratefully received

Xx J
jemima

Previous

Return to Infertility