Over 4 stone in 3 months

Over 4 stone in 3 months

Postby member_37074 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:17 pm

yes i have put on over 4 stone in 3 months, this could be to blame on anti-psychotic renowned for weight gain but not that much
excessive eating-unlikely as i successfully maintained a steady 12 stone for 30 years and 2 kids.

hypothyroidism gp put this to blame about 12 weeks ago,

pituitary problem endocrinologist blamed about 4 weeks ago.

Whatever the reason my self-esteem is terrible i have gone from size 12 to size 22 is shocking and demoralising i don't feel like me i get new clothes every 2-3 weeks.

has anyone experienced this?
member_37074

Re: Over 4 stone in 3 months

Postby pituitary » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:31 pm

same happened to me but the doctors put me on fortisip shakes and i am now slowly loosing weight
pituitary

Postby member_37074 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:40 pm

I should have posted that i had maintained a steady 9 stone for years not 12 stone as i put in error. Got weighed this morning 13 stone 5, all on my tummy apple shaped,i believe it is typical of diabetes insipidus this is different from normal diabetes.

my disability prevents me from exercising now, i was doing zumba and swimming about 10 weeks ago despite my increasing weight then suddenly my body went into collapse-adrenal failure it was called.

I am just not used to being size 20-22, i was always a 12, the rapid increase has hit me hard, i did not even gain weight like this in pregnancy i never even made 10 stone.

I live in big baggy pyjamas when i can coming home in the afternoon and just snuggling into bed for my afternoon sleep. i have no stamina and could just sleep all day every day. The sooner i get a diagnosis the better i can't move forward without it the DLA form and other forms require it
member_37074

Postby member_33133 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:02 am

Hi there, i can completly relate to this i have gained over 5 stone.I too have 2 children and have never been as big. I've gone from 8 1/2 stone, toned, fit ballroom and Latin dancer to 14 stone, flabby, unfit person who i hate. I hate leaving the house i never go out clubbing anymore cos i'm too embarressed with how i look. I was diagnosed with Rathke Cleft Cyst on my petuitary gland in 2007, cyst removed in 2008. I had already started to gain weight which doctor put down to Under active thyroid. I'm now replacing all hormones and i've just started the Growth Hormone injections which have helped alot with the tiredness, fatigue, aches and pains emotional well being and slowly i can see some weight coming off especially around the belly area. Nobody really understands how we feel, its just the fact i hate being this big i'm not used to it and feel disgusting with watever i wear. Having the wheel power to not eat how i used too is really hard. I maintained that 8 1/2 stone weight by dancing all over the world and not having to worry about what i ate, now jus climbing a flight of stairs i'm half dead and jus by looking at some chocolate i've gained 5 pounds!!! lol.. I jus hope it gets better. What have you been diagnosed with.
member_33133

Postby member_37074 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:32 am

hi only just spotted your post

i am in hospital after adrenal crisis nearly 2 weeks ago hope to go home later

i am now plus nearly six stone nurses writing down what me eating only 1000 cal so dont want me cutting back anymore without supervison of dietitian

will write more home. this keeps crashing

poppy
member_37074

Postby member_37074 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Got weighed today, got discharged from hospital yesterday evening. i was 14 stone exactly an all time high, i saw a dietitian in hospital she said my weight gain was due to several things, my diagnosis and side effects from the anti-psychotic i am on and the hydrocortisone and possible hypothalamus failure.

my diagnosis is primary and secondary hypoadrenalism treated with hydrocortisone not sure what primary and secondary means will have to ask Gp, i also have hashimotis thyroiditits treated with levothyrioxine. i have to carry an emergency injjection in case of adrenal crisis again.

i have pain in my muscles which they are now saying is psychological but still real to me, I am finding this hard to accept.

Dietitian says i can go on orlistat under her supervision, there is not a lot else they can recommend but she says in a years time she doesn't want to be discusssing a gastric band with me.

poppy x
member_37074

Postby emer » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi Poppy, how are you doing now? Have you had any improvement in your weight with the new treatment you're on?
emer

Postby member_37074 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi

I have now stuck at 14 stone, still miserable at that and hardly eat anything.

this year has been a disaster my condition is so badly controlled i have had 5 hospital admissions of adrenal crisis since June, each time my carer finding me in a coma in the morning.

THEN to top it all on boxing day i couldn't breathe, i had been going blue round lips for a while but gp said it was nothing to worry about. Got lift to emergency dr who gave me hydrocortisone injection and back to back nebulisers and oxygen.

Ended up in ambulance sirens and lights racing down motorway to intensive care for 5 days of which i have little recollection except for the most painful bits i am getting as flashbacks. It seemed i was going into crisis due to a chest infection that was misdiagnosed when i was discharged 19th Dec. Then the chest was so bad acute brittle asthma set in . Nearly died. But obviously didn't.
Came out of hospital yesterday.
I now have a hospital bag packed ready at all times i go in so often is this normal?
My GP has referred me to Preston now in the hope of better treatment, there seems to be a lot of confusion amongst my care team about who can give the injection, they have given me a powder one that needs mixing with saline, to be given iv by a dr or deep into muscle by a trained person. the hospital is adamant that no one other than a paramedic or trained nurse should administer it.

Just before christmas i had the winter virus (picked up in hosp on 19th dec) i was violently sick and had diarrhoea the gp told mum to sit with me all night and every time i threw up to shove a hydrocortisone tablet down me which she did but i was very ill.

After all this my overall strength is very poor i can barely shuffle along and still seem wheezy (never had asthma before pit problems started) one cheerful dr told me i will get all sorts wrong now and be in and out of hospital. they put me on prednisolone so stopped hydrocortisone this gave me diabetes in intensive care but that has gone now i am back on double hydrocortisone for a week then back to normal.

I find every dr tells me something different i now have 10 different medical people involved in my care with different conditions my gp seems unwilling/unable to coordinate and i am not up to it. my brain seems to have left me i am a shadow mentally of my former self and quite incapable of even following simple instructions, my meds are numerous and mainly in a blister pack from pharmacy but those that are separate have to be put in labelled egg cups by my carers or my mum. my morphine and codeine are locked away as i just forget if i have taken it i feel so pathetic,

in hospital they treat me as if i have addisons because that is what the nurses understand but that is not my diagnosis, it is secondary hypoadrenalism,, hashimotos and non functioning pituitary. The doctors say i am very complicated and difficult to treat because of all my conditions. i just feel a wreck at 45, care package being reassessed this week as it is inadequate, i am as weak as a lamb, it could be months before the lung damage is repaired if at all.

Sorry i have gone on, it is quite a tale.

I also have complex psychiatric needs not surprising really.

thanks if anyone is still reading poppy
member_37074

Postby emer » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:58 am

Oh my goodness poppy, you poor thing! Christmas is an especially bad time to have to be in hospital, thank heavens you're out now. Don't apologise for writing a longer post either, you couldn't fit it all in otherwise, it sounds like you've really been through the wars.

I know is can be really confusing when there's so many people involved in your care and it's extra hard if people don't understand your diagnosis. Having five adrenal crises in such a short time is very concerning though, I hope that the referral to another hospital is more sucessful for you.

Did you go on the orlistat? Has that made any difference for you?
emer

Return to Nutrition and Weight