Any tips?

Any tips?

Postby Jo Bull » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Any weight losing tips greatly received. Having over indulged over Xmas and now with a nasty virus meaning more hydrocortisone I need some motivation and easy to follow advice. My 'steroid' arms are looking particularly unsexy at present!
Jo Bull

Re: Any tips?

Postby ratkinson » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Know the feeling, I daredn't get on the scales,my comfy jeans are now too tight!
Weight watchers has worked well for me in the past, it's having to go each week and get weighed that motivates me.
. I also try and exercise, it can help if you can set yourself some sort of goal, if you are well you could aim for something like a 3k run event , if you struggle do yourself a wall chart and see how much you can improve in something like swimming, increasing the number of lengths you swim each session.
Five years ago I decided I wanted to learn front crawl , so after a lot of deliberation went to adult swimming lessons,it was one of the best decisions of my life, they were good fun, I got a lot of satisfaction and I can now swim front crawl forever , without any drowning episodes and gasping for breath. It,s important to have some sort of routine as I find if I miss one session(I now train with a club and we do sets and drills) it is hard to get back again.
Tomorrow I have decided to start my diet again( we have just finished all the Xmas chocolate)- and I am going to have a go at aqua Zumba, it sound a good laugh. Hoping it may kickstart some inch loss!
Good luck Rachel
ratkinson

Postby Pat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:40 am

Slimming World and walking regularly helped me
Pat

Postby andypandy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi. I joined slimming world too and although my weight loss is a lot slower than the other members it is going down and not up. The other ladies in the group all know my health issues and are very supportive. I would recommend it....even if it just helps motivate healthy eating. I also bought a boxer puppy so I now go out on long walks....not that I am recommending that everyone buys a puppy but it certainly keeps you moving!! Good luck
andypandy

Postby Jo Bull » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Thank you all. I do need to bite the bullet and probably an organised slimming club is the answer. I move house in 3 weeks so I think half term will be the goal, time to find somewhere nearer the new home. That and moving on the edge of a country part, great for walking I'm hoping will help. I certainly need to re find my 'thin' head!
Jo Bull

Postby member_31784 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 am

Hi

It was 8 years ago when I had my first op and piled on the weight, Its been a very slow process but my consultant pointed out to me that I have actually lost a stone over about 18mths. I am not dieting as such but if I feel my eating is a little out of control I use www.myfitnesspal.com to record what I eat each day. I also use a website called www.strongwomen.com which has a section on gentle exercises for strength. My theory being that building up muscle must be good = they are very gentle and designed for more mature women.I try to do something each day either a walk,cycle for 15min or exercises and have managed to get it into a routine now

I note you are moving house, I lost 4kg just in the process but not a good way to lose weight !!!

Good luck
Kare
member_31784

Return to Nutrition and Weight