Doctors

Doctors

Postby Lou » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:08 pm

Just curious whether people always see the same doctor at their GP practice or not. I just seem to see anyone and everyone and wondered whether it would be best to pick one doctor and only see that one for appointments regarding all things pituitary. WHat does everyone else do?

Lou
Lou

Re: Doctors

Postby andypandy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 am

Hi. I try and see the same doctor as it saves explaining all the issues every time. I am also lucky enough to have a young GP who is very happy to listen to things that I have learnt off this website and discuss them, some of the older GPs seem to be a little stuck in their ways. At the end of the day its a case of what works best for you, no good having to wait weeks and weeks for a GP appointment if you can't see the same one!
Andrea
andypandy

Postby Lou » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Thanks for your reply, I seem to be up the doctors a lot more just lately so to save all the explanations etc I think I will start trying to see the same one to hopefully make it easier. :)
This is in light of the fact I just found out that I could have asked to see the same endo each time at the hospital, but didnt know this was possible and have seen a string of different registrars over the past 5 years.... :|
Lou

Postby Pat » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:10 am

Good idea to let your GPs have the link to our GP Fact File, so they can access on their PC in front of them. This can be found under GP section, left hand tab on website; it's a pdf if they wish to print it off too.
Pat

Postby member_40069 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:50 pm

I have had hells job trying to get referrals from doctors, since changing doctors there are only two that I see that have taken me serious to make referrals. I stick with the ones that help the most that way you don't have to repeat yourself.
member_40069

Return to Other