Feel exhausted and ill

Feel exhausted and ill

Postby member_37049 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else with pituitary problems find it difficult to cope with a hectic and busy day. I've had a really busy day at work. After the day I feel terrible all I've done is gone straight to bed. I feel sick, headache, weakness of chest, felt as if I was going to faint, luckily i didn't! And generally weak
Has anyone else experienced this?
member_37049

Re: Feel exhausted and ill

Postby Pat » Tue May 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi

I feel sure there'll be others who have felt these symptoms after a really hectic day. it may be that (if you take hydrocortisone) your usual dose timing could be tweaked to get the most benefit. The symptoms you mention may be linked to lack of hydrocortisone at certain time of day? Our nurse Alison could be helpful if you want to give her a call on 0845 450 0377, Thursday 9am to 1pm or Monday 6pm to 9pm
Pat

Postby plum » Tue May 14, 2013 7:38 pm

hi

I share your feelings and life doesn't have to get all that hectic for it to happen...ha ha.

but i do find that some days i seem to be able to get more done than others. do you get that also?

it's a question of pacing ourselves i suppose.
I used work very full and long days which were often intellectually challenging. now, i am just about managing 2 hours a day of a very simple job and even then i often have to avoid talking to other people afterwards as my head feels as though it simply cannot take any more. oh dear....sorry...don't mean to sound discouraging...

can you negotiate any sort of arrangement at work so that you can take a short break from time to time to 'recover' eg go for a walk or something?

good luck.

plum
plum

Postby member_37049 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi

Thank you Pat for the advice, I might phone the nurse up this week. And thank you Plum for your reply. Yes I do find that a lot that some days I'm better and can cope with a lot than others. Yes, and thank you for your suggestion I might think about what you have said and you wasn't sounding discouraging at all.
member_37049

Return to Other