Tired all the time

Tired all the time

Postby member_37049 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi

Can anyone give me advice or help me with managing tiredness. I am struggling with every day to day life because i am so tired and lack of energy. I am currently not on growth hormone due to various reasons. Just to put you in the picture I had a craniopharyngioma. Can anyone help me out. I am just mad and upset with myself :( . Fortunately I am going to see the endocrine doctor next week and I'm going to ask him for some blood tests. Thank you for taking the time of reading this
member_37049

Re: Tired all the time

Postby Pat » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:02 am

This tiredness is maddening and upsetting - you aren't alone
Good that you are seeing your endocrinologist next week; when you discuss your tiredness with him/her, these things may help: describe when your tiredness is worse if there are periods when it is, what daily things it stops you from doing, how often you have to rest etc. This will paint a picture better than simply saying (as we've all done)"I'm tired/exhausted all the time"
Keep in your mind the things you can do (however small or insignificant they may seem) and try not to dwell on the things you can't do.
This is a paragraph from Pituitary Life article about tiredness:
Thinking outside the box
• Endocrine/pituitary?
• General medicine wholly?
• General medicine partly and endocrine partly?
• Psycho-Neuroendocrinology?

Could there be underlying causes of fatigue, such as sleep disorders, for example sleep apnoea? There could be overlapping diagnoses such as fibromyalgia or depression.

It is reasonable to discuss with your doctor, have you fatigue or is it weakness? These two can be easily confused.
Is it above or below the brain barrier i.e., psychological or organic, for example endocrine, or general medicine?
The cause of tiredness does not necessarily have to be endocrine.

Depression may be easy to suggest as the cause, but other reasons should, and need to, be explored.

In five real case studies, all patients were on thyroxin replacement but continued to have joint aches, pins and needles in extremities and tiredness. After having further tests, three of the patients were deficient in Vitamin B12 and once injections were started their tiredness and other symptoms disappeared.
Pernicious Anaemia can be present more frequently in patients with primary Hypothyroidism.

It should not always be assumed that because the patient has a pituitary diagnosis that they are bound to be tired.
Consider the larger picture and discuss other possibilities or issues that can cause tiredness and always ensure your doctor has considered all aspects of endocrinology in case there is a contributing factor e.g. wrong/inappropriate dose of a certain medication
Pat

Postby member_37049 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Thank you very much for your help and advice Pat
member_37049

Postby member_6464 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi member_37049,

You might need growth hormone, which your endo. will arrange fir you.
Had took the edge of my tiredness though I'm still fatigued.
Also suffer form sleep apnoea.

John
member_6464

Return to Other