Getting shoes is a nightmare!

Getting shoes is a nightmare!

Postby member_37049 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi There

I'm just wondering if anyone else has a problem with getting shoes - if so have you got any tips of where you get yours from and what type you wear? I hate having to buy new shoes - my feet are so wide and big and I have to wear special insoles that are bulky. At the moment I am wearing sandals and it's winter! I've just ordered several pairs of shoes and boots online and none of then fit me!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
member_37049

Re: Getting shoes is a nightmare!

Postby plum » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:41 pm

i totally agree.
i also tend to wear sandals for as long as possible until my poor toes turn blue!!

have you tried DBshoes, COMFITTS or PADDERS? they are the makes that i have.
there is a 'wide fit' shoe shop in kenton, harrow. the woman was very blunt. my my she said - you do have very wide feet.
but if you google them there may be something near to you?

getting shoes online is as you have already experienced, a bit hit and miss isn't it? i am fortunate in that my sister arranged it for me last time because it was bad enough trying them on and finding that they don't fit or the style i want doesn't come in my width. but there is no way i can be bothered with all the trips to the post office to return shoes that don't fit.

and as for styles. well yes they are not bad but they are not quite what i was looking for.....
and no, a bit of gold trim or a patent 'bow' on the front does not make up for the limited styles.

i'm currently wearing men's trainers because they are constructed a bit wider than womens' trainers.
and i found some men's 'slip-on loafers' in a budget shoe shop that fitted me, although i soon made a hole in them. but it was nice to have something without 'handy velcro fasteners'..

sorry this is probably not much help.
plum

Postby member_37049 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi Plum

Thank you for the helpful information. I will look up the makes you have listed on the web.

Loz
member_37049

Postby plum » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:15 pm

just rummaged through the wardrobe and found another manufacturer for you to try:
MULTIFIT.
I have a pair of width EEEE from them.
plum

Return to Other