"Singing"

"Singing"

Postby member_13191 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:14 am

Hi all,
Having been diagnosed with Acromegaly since 1999 i have certainly got experience of how this and other Pituitary problems can have an impact on our daily life and routine.
Having to suffer from mobiity problems myself with aches and pains i try and keep positive in everything i do and one thing i really enjoy and a have a passion for is Singing my favourite songs to Backing tracks, and i would love to record a song with other pituitary patients and release it through the foundation website to raise awareness and funds.
Maybe its just a start on a long road or a dream but you,ve heard of the group "The Soldiers" and "The Nurses" and some songs they have done, wouldn't it be great if we could form a duo or more with Pituitary patients and record a song, we could call ourselves "The Acromagalics" or "The Pit Pats"???
So if anyone is out there and has a similiar interest to pursue this then maybe we could get together and record something as i have some home recording equipment which we could put some tracks to and who knows????
If you want to hear my song you can search me "Peter Shipp" on Youtube or Twitter and have a listen, by the way i live in Leeds.
So lets try and raise awareness and maybe funds for this Fabulous Charity.

Thanks all
member_13191

Re: "Singing"

Postby Pat » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:08 am

Hi Peter

I've had a listen on You Tube - you certainly have a voice!
We can put this message on to the News section of the website, Facebook and Twitter to spread more widely and do hope others come forward.
Would you like direct contact from interested singers or through the Foundation email and we will pass these on to you?

many thanks

Pat
Pat

Postby member_13191 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:09 am

Hi
thank you very much...

yes if its ok with you to do it through the Foundation.

Lets hope it takes off?
member_13191

Postby Danny » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:49 am

Sounds good, i live in Wakefield about 20 mins away from Leeds but im tone deaf sorry to say so im no use to you :D hope it goes well!
Danny

Postby Jo Bull » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:43 pm

What a great idea? I'm not a stunning singer but have belonged to several choirs so can hold a tune! I live in the midlands but would be willing to give it a go!
Jo Bull

Return to Pituitary Foundation