Pituitary Awareness month

Pituitary Awareness month

Postby Rosa » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:22 pm

What are you doing for Pituitary Awareness month this October? Whether you hold a fundraising event, an awareness walk, dress down day at work, coffee morning or simply distributing posters it all helps us in our mission to raise much needed awareness. We also have template letters that urge clinics to inform newly diagnosed patients about our services which you can fill in and help us send out. Just contact rosa@pituitary.org.uk to let us know your plans or to ask to be sent an awareness pack or let us know the resources you require. These will be sent out at the end of August. many thanks
Rosa

Re: Pituitary Awareness month

Postby plum » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi
i think that there is still time to apply for a slot on radio 4's weekly appeal.
Would certainly have a wide audience.
Might be a good chance to raise awareness and maybe someone somewhere will hear it and decide to go to the doctor and get diagnosed a bit earlier.
plum
plum

Re: Pituitary Awareness month

Postby Mgh » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:04 am

October Awareness 2016 has the theme 'early diagnosis, focusing particularly on improving optician awareness about pituitary tumours'. Perhaps other Foundation members belong to their local Streetlife online and might have the opportunity to post a message on there.
Recently there was a post on my local Streetlife asking for experience of local optician practices. I was able to share my experience but also had the chance to raise awareness of the potential for the early diagnosis of pituitary tumour during a routine eye test. Perhaps you might have a chance to do the same.
Mgh

Return to Awareness