Need benefit advice? The Nailsea Disability Initiative

Need benefit advice? The Nailsea Disability Initiative

Postby missymoo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:58 pm

There is a group of Trained people who volunteer their time to help 'Disabled' people and the Maze of information there is out there.

It is a voluntary non government funded organisation based in Nailsea, Nr Bristol.
Its called the Nailsea Disabliltiy Initiative.
The organisation covers the whole of North Somerset.

They are trained staff/people who can assist with form filling and giving advice to anyone wishing to know about their possible benefit entitlements. They also handle Appeals and can manage Home Visits to those unabled to get to the drop in centre.
It is completely confidential.

They can be contacted either by telephone - 01275 812183 to make an appointment or drop in to 10 crown glass place, Nailsea. (Next to Pullins, bakers) for advice or just a cuppa and a chat,
There is an informative Website to:. http://www.nailseadisability.org
They are open from 10am til 3pm, Mon - Thurs.

There is plenty of free parking in Nailsea too.

Its a great organisation. I did work with them for a while a year or so ago.
My mum works there and is a trained advisor. She met with a couple of volunteers from the Bristol group at the Mall on Saturday last. Contact details were exchanged and hopefully the NDI may be able to come along to a meeting to give a talk. I am not sure when but hopefully it will happen.

If you have any worries or concerns about benefits or need help in another direction, they may be able to help. Give them a call. I know that they do help a lot of people and are trained specifically in disability benefit entitlements. They can help with a multitude of things.
missymoo

Return to Awareness