changing sides

changing sides

Postby stevea » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 am

;) after many years of sheila looking after me and putting up with accromegaly it is soon going to be my turn. Sheila is going for a knee replacement at the end of the month and although I am "domesticated" it is going to be very hard for her to take it easy and let me do what i can .
stevea

Re: changing sides

Postby Dee » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Steve

I hope that all goes well with the OP!

I think the most important thing here is to reassure here that you are happy and well enough to look after here, so that she will not feel guilty.

It might be hard for her to sit back, but you could ease this by having little rests yourself, for insrance after dinner, once you have everything sorted, make a cuppa and have half an hours rest, and encourage her to do the same.

Its a bit of a role reversal isnt it, so it might be hard for both of you, but just keep the channels of communication open and hopefully by doing that you can iron out any problems that occur together.

Take care

Dee
x
Dee

Re: changing sides

Postby stevea » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:34 am

Thanks Dee, 1 week on and She is still in hospital.Until she can bend her Knee ti 90 deg they won't let her home.Intensive physio is really paining her and I am sitting here almost crying for her,but i can't let her se that or she will start to feel guilty.lots of love and kisses when i see her so i hope that helps.
Trouble now is that i don't have time to cook a meal with being at work then home ,feed cat and straight out to visit. please send all food parcels to ....................
stevea

Return to Partners/Spouses