Poppy - The Road to Recovery!

Poppy - The Road to Recovery!

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:52 am

Hi Poppy,
How are you today? Hope you had a good night's sleep, or something close to that at least.

I guess you'll have a busy week, with the checks & treatments & visits you'll be having - try to stay relaxed, do your best to listen & understand but don't worry if you need things explaining a couple of times, anyone would in your current situation.

That book of yours will be very useful, perhaps the medical team could help by writing things in it for you??

Please keep in touch, I know there's a lot of people out here thinking of you & rooting for you,
Love
Sx
Sandy

Re: Poppy - The Road to Recovery!

Postby Sandy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:01 am

Hey Poppy, how are you? What's going on?
Let us know you're OK please??? You can see from the number of viewings that there are lots of people wanting you to get better & wanting to know how you are.
Love
Sx
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:06 pm

Poppy,
Just to let you know I'm thinking of you & wishing you well as you go through this next stage. Just respond when you can, I'm patient!
Love,
Sxx
Sandy

Postby member_37074 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:32 pm

sandy i am so sorry i am in hospital collapsed at home monday only came to yesterday.forgot who my mum was let alone passwords been trying to get peopl tolog onfor me today then my sister searched flat. water deptest next tues i wwas dehydrated and confused adrenal crisis scary love poppy x
member_37074

Postby member_37074 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:08 pm

now i have posted ok i can say a bit more on this tedious bedside system.nosespray affected sodium and potassium levels causin confusion and falls.by time mum got ambulance i was unconcious they bought me round i was vomiting 3 days so giving me meds iv veins so flat cannula kept coming out i am black and blue even had them in my feet. hydrocortisone levels still high sleeping all time.on ward with all old ladies quicker wiith their zimmers than me. i only got out bed yest tea time. they say hypothalamus failing too but lucky no tumour. night night. poppy x
member_37074

Postby Sandy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi Poppy, it's so good to hear from you again!
It sounds like you've been thro such a nightmare, you poor girl - no-one deserves that experience, the falls & confusion & everything - but it's great news that you're home, such a relief to me and the many people who are reading this thread - have you seen how many viewings our posts are getting?!??! There's loads of people rooting for you, I've certainly thought of you a lot whilst you've been away from the forum, hoping that you were OK.
Me and my hubby have got a couple of hours child-free this afternoon, so we're off out - not far, only to a couple of shops - but it's a mega outing for me, I've even put some mascara on & my fave necklace (not fancy, inherited from my Nana, with a photo of her & Grandad in it, always makes me feel close to her when I wear it).
Anyway, take care & keep strong my friend, you're doing so well despite the awful things you're going through, you're amazing.
Love & hugs
Sxx
Sandy

Postby member_37074 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:25 pm

hi sandy you misundersood i am in hospital in lancaster till thursday at the earliest.think of me tues doing water deprivation test i am dreading it. i wonder if anyone has any tips? poppy xx
member_37074

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:53 am

Oh dear, sorry for being dozy :oops: - I got myself over-excited, imagining you were home so quickly!!
I'm sorry you're still in hosp, that's rough - but it's obviously the right place for you, until everything is sorted out properly & you can come home. I hope you're feeling OK all things considered, & have got something to read or watch or listen to, it's good that you've got internet access there. Sounds like you're the youngest on your ward - are you on a general ward there?
Still sending you love & hugs, wherever you are!
Sxx
Sandy

Postby member_37074 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 am

hi sandy i am on a medical ward with diabetics and people needing oxygen yes most are twice my age but mostly sweet and lovely. just one or two demanding attention and pulling thier drips out all the time. i grow ever fatter despite not eating and no appetite. staff lost my notes all weekend just found on back of wheelchair in mri scan room. dr sees me this afternoon. love poppy x
member_37074

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:55 am

D'oh. the last thing you need! Glad they found them in the end ;)
Can't believe there's 2 of us on line at the same time - it's the most in ages, I think!
Are you in teh RLI?
Sx
Sandy

Next

Return to Pituitary Conditions