Poppy - The Road to Recovery!

Re: Poppy - The Road to Recovery!

Postby Sandy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:30 am

Hiya Poppy, how are you today? I really hope that the meds & attention & rest you're getting are making a positive difference.

I tried to get a message to you at hospital yesterday but cos I didn't have your surname, none of the very lovely staff were able to identify you :? Think I spoke to about 6 wards in the end, plus a lovely ward clerk who searched all admissions, they were really caring, it was good to see that you're in a place where people really care. So, sorry you didn't get a more personal message from me, but believe me I tried to get it to you!

Best of luck with the water test today, Poppy, I'll be thinking of you, I'm sure many others will too.

Love & hugs
Sx
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:45 am

Hi Poppy, how are you today?
Sx
Sandy

Postby member_37074 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:37 am

hi sandy poppy is not my real name so no wonder they could not find me. you could text me your landline number and i can ring for free. i do not have DI. still sleepy all time hope home friday x
Last edited by member_37074 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
member_37074

Postby Sandy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:26 pm

Ha, no wonder I couldn't find you :lol:
Thanks, I've got yr phone number now, you can remove it from the forum if you want.

What happened with the test yesterday?
It's amazing that you've not got DI, but obviously if the test results say that then it must be the case. What's the alternative cause?

Any other news on your health? When are you getting out?
Love
Sxx
Sandy

Postby member_37074 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:14 pm

the polydipsia is psychogenic caused by dry mouth side effect of all mh meds itake and is part of my psychiatric ilness side, i feel embarassed about it. my medical illneess is hypoptuitarism just needing hydroccortisone and thyroxine. might get home fridy if carersin place. saw dietitian today i have hypothalmic metabolic disease she was nice. night night poppy x
member_37074

Postby member_37074 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:02 am

i am upset what i knew was coming started today. the sho junior registrar came and said pain and exhaustion was in my mind and i should stop eating take aways he said i had given up itold him straight they would know when i had done that because i would be dead.

when you have serious mental illness someone always tries to put physical stuff to all in head.it is so degrading. the dietitan said it was hypothalmic metabolic disorder and not my fault

trouble is not seen psychiatrist for months.

social worker came might be home monday
p xx
member_37074

Postby member_37074 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:18 pm

yes in rli ward 4.

going home tomorrow teatime.

just got need for lots of hydrcortisone got to have extra and injection at home. be in touch from own pc tomorrow or saturday.p xx
member_37074

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi Poppy, Sorry I've not been posting, it wasn't cos I've not been thinking of you!
Are they checking you out now? I hope so.
Be gentle on yourself at home, & let us know how you get on?
Sxx
Sandy

Postby member_37074 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:50 pm

I have been rediagnosed and i think it is better news, i have primary and secondary hypoadrenalism and hypothyroid with antibodies.

I am not sure what the primary and secondary bit means they are linking it to a post partum haemorrage i had in 1994 when i had my first son.

basically they were treating me for DI and i didn't have it so it knackered the sodium and potassium levels in my blood, i was confused and suffered memory loss a lot of my stay is a blur, i also started vomiting so did not keep down any meds. mum said it was day 3 or 4 before the dr decided to inject me with hydrocortisone, it was like someone turning a light on i began to understand what was going on. they could not get my collapsed veins to keep a drip in so they gave me anti sickness injections and sips of water and i gradually improved enough to keep all my meds down.

So the water deprivation test showed i did not have DI.

they say the water drinking and pain is psychological. i am finding it hard as the pain is still very much there i have never had depression manifesting itself as physical pain before and i am finding it upsetting as the staff are very dismissive.
i have missed all my psychiatrist appointments too.

i have a chance on 20 october to prove to the psychologist that i am well enough to re start counselling, my concentration and memory still have lapses so i don;t know what she will say.

I have had no access to my cpn while in hospital it was out of their area i really need someone to talk to .

love poppy xx
member_37074

Postby Sandy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:29 am

Hi Poppy, how are you today?
Are you keeping the meds down now & are they helping to bring you back to normal? I really hope so.
Sorry I've not been online for a bit, just been so busy with the kids & so tired as a result - that said, they had a lovely w'end, with my son's best friend staying over on sat night & then they built a den in the garden on Sunday - heaven for 8 year olds!
take care of yourself,
Love
Sx
Sandy

PreviousNext

Return to Pituitary Conditions