Poppy - The Road to Recovery!

Re: Poppy - The Road to Recovery!

Postby member_37074 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:54 pm

hi all

I would like to report a better day, well almost. did not manage shower this morning felt too lousy so had a wash and got dressed later, that is the beauty of having a different carer every day i can miss the odd shower. anyway i have been on my computer and taught myself to do a mail merge for my christmas card address labels-something i have been meaning to do every year but now my hands are stiff it has become necessary. I have realised i have a few contacts left, would not call them all friends

I have also written on a separate label news about the boys to stick inside. I had already ordered some christmassy labels to say who the card is from, I hope no one minds the sticker approach.

Last year i did not 'do' christmas i had a breakdown in Nov and was still in hospital. It is always hard for me as i do not see my eldest son and i just want it over and done with but i realise this year i have my younger son to think of too and i hopefully will see him.
Don't know whether i will be able to go as far as a tree but we shall see. I just need to find someone else with no where to go for christmas.

As well as that i have taken all the clothing that does not fit me out of my drawers and wardrobes, i have 2 large bin bags of 14 to 18s and a small collection of 20-22 left that i can wear, it is so disheartening.

So for the first time in weeks i have done something vaguely positive, i just have to stay awake till a reasonable time and not sleep all evening like i did yesterday, it ruined last night's sleep.

i wish everyone a restful night

love poppy x
member_37074

Postby Sandy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Brilliant post Poppy,I'm v impressed that you can do mail merge, its one of those things I've always wanted to learn but been toooo scared to do :? Don't think I've a chance now, I just can't think that logically & consistently, I get so confused after the first part of anything.

And you've got a 1000 brownie points for the wardrobe stuff too, that's a really good thing to do. Every so often I throw a few of the older bits and pieces out (older = smaller, of course) and rearrange what's left so I can only see what I can actually wear but can still pretend that I could wear the rest if I wanted to!

Don't worry about the shower thing, you've enough on your plate, it's quite clever that you can trick 'em a bit ;)

The day went well here too, the 4 girls were all lovely (apart from the one who scratches & tells lies and generally is a pain, but she was nice occasionally!) and it was sunny so they bounced on the trampoline & danced to Abba in the garden, and were happy with tomato soup and toast and yogurt for lunch. Yes I am exhausted!
Thanks for the tips on painkiller, I'll be careful when I take it.

Sleep well after your busy & successful day :D
Sx
Sandy

Postby member_37074 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:23 pm

not feeling too good.

i had a call from Dr Howells secretary because i have a DNA next to my name on the computer it has automatically cancelled the 1st Dec appointment and it has been given to someone else.
my GP does have to re refer me and the secretary said she would phone and say it was not my fault i missed the appointment. they are hoping to put an extra clinic on in November and she will try and fit me in on that date if my gp is quick enough with a letter.

I am in a lot of pain today so have retreated back to bed already with some codeine and morphine inside me, i have no appetite just feel sick, I think i have done too much last couple of days. Also cutting back on the quetiapine also maybe having an effect but i am going to battle against it.

hope everyone else ok

poppy x
member_37074

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:56 am

Hi Poppy, how are you? How was Hydro?
Have you seen the post from Caroline (reply from me) on Empty Sella? She seems to be going thro some of the things that you have, maybe you can give her some support too? Isn't it great how we can go from being pupil to teacher on this forum :lol:

I'm full of aches & pains today, have been for a few days - I've stopped my own mini naprox trial as it made me feel so sick, have also stopped co-codamol trial as it gave me constipation (not a happy bunny!) so now I'm on 2-3 x 50-mg dicloflex - which I had from something else a couple of years ago but it's still within date - and paracetamol.
Have you any more advice on painkillers for me? It's for joint & muscle pain which seems to be worsening.
I've also got an appt w a consultant tomorrow eve, as one of my blood test came back +ve for inflammatory markers - not sure what that could mean in realit, tho of course I've googled it and have found some horrid stuff, so stopped googling straight away!

Love
Sx
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:17 am

Helloooo Poppy! How are you? What's going on? ]
Sx
Sandy

Postby member_37074 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:45 pm

I am doing well physically the physio has been this morning and is pleased with my progress and determination i am now walking with one stick.

Saw Lancaster dr yesterday he is reducing my hydrocortisone with a view to stopping it and repeating synacthen test to see if my adrenals have kick started again. he is at a loss about the pain but he did increase the pregabalin which is supposed to be good for nerve pain. he is also at a loss about my memory problems and lack of common sense-it seems to have gone out of the window.

so i have the preston appt on 18th Nov and someone from pituitary foundation is going to accompany me and we will see if we get better answers.

i am still very tired, ,my quetiapine has been reduced by half by me and i am sleeping ok and feeling better if anything without it,

so, I will keep you posted

poppy xx
member_37074

Postby Sandy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Hey, that's good news about the drugs & the stick and your progress! Congrats!! :D
V good idea on PF person accompanying you, we'll be really interested in what info you get in Preston.
Love & hugs
Sx
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:36 am

Hi Poppy, how are you & what are you up to?
Thinking of you
Love
Sx
Sandy

Postby member_37074 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi got a kidney infection so a bit under the weather, on second set of antibiotics.

have managed to completely come off ,my antipsychotics so i feel a bit weird.

poppyx
member_37074

Postby Sandy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:42 am

You any better now?
Sx
Sandy

PreviousNext

Return to Pituitary Conditions