shoes

Please join the discussion if you wish to share about the pituitary condition Acromegaly

shoes

Postby stevea » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:09 pm

I suppose anyone with accromegally must suffer ,like me, when trying to find shoes to fit our huge feet. We have just been to Boundary Mill at the end of M65 .they have a large Clarks section and I found quite a few wider fit shoes there.(loads of cloths too,spen too much in no time at all .ps this is in Colne in nw england
stevea

Re: shoes

Postby plum » Sun May 01, 2011 10:57 am

That's good to know, thanks.

Maybe further south there is the clarks village in Street or somewhere in northampton.

I use velcro-opening shoes and sandals made by Padders, which are ok and can expand as needed. They seem to make shoes up to width 6E. Sandals are not very practical for winter but when it is cold outside I limit myself to absolutely essential trips only.

Just a question: How long does it take to stop growing, post surgery'? I am reluctant to spend tons of money on shoes until I am sure that my feet have stabilised. Despite Surgery and lanreotide injections i don't think that they have stopped.

Plum
plum

Postby stevea » Mon May 02, 2011 3:15 pm

I have been looking at http://www.widefitshoes.co.uk/wide-mens ... 15_21.html. seems like a good place .I haven't tried it yet but i will when i get time.
stopping growing i think must be in elation to how successful treatment is and probably varies from person to person. i know i was told it would be unlikely that my sizes for clothes etc, would go down.
stevea

Postby missymoo » Fri May 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi all.
I have suffered from large feet for sometime now... thanks to being an Acro.

Being a female it has been very difficult to find what I call decent shoes to fit my boats.
(Size 9 plus). There are outlets out there that can cater for the larger footed lady but there is very little choice... and I find, very expensive.

I am a 'larger' lady in anycase so I do have an excuse to shop in teh larger ladies clothes shops. I am fairly impressed with Evans shoes and their jewellry is to die for...
I can't wear 'normal' sized bracelets or rings etc.. so although it can be expensive, if you shop wisely and get a pair or two pairs of shoes for the year/season and a few bits of jewellry in the sales, it can boost your overall girlie confidence. :D

Hope this helps.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
missymoo

Postby megalyman » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:32 pm

For large-size shoes (men & women) there is a list of suppliers on The Foundation's website under 'Living with Pituitary/Large-size Clothing' - click on the link to go to the page: http://www.pituitary.org.uk/content/view/466/236/
megalyman

Postby member_40069 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi,
I can understand the frustration I normally wear wide fitting shoes myself. I have found elasticated laces help on some shoes if you are unable to get slipons.
member_40069

Return to Acromegaly