auden hydrocortisone

Please join the discussion if you wish to share about the pituitary condition Acromegaly

auden hydrocortisone

Postby stevea » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:28 pm

recently 2 people have contacted me saying their pharmacy can't get hold of Auden and have given them generic product. anyone else having trouble?
stevea

Re: auden hydrocortisone

Postby Mgh » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:02 pm

I usually have Auden but my latest batch is Accord. The tablet has scoring that means it can be quartered but not exactly and I don't know how reliable the content of each quarter is in any case. With the name changes and packaging changes of recent years I have lost complete track of who manufactures what! I am still working my way through my Auden tablets.
I hope someone may have an answer as to what is going on and information about Accord.
Maria
Mgh

Postby member_41389 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:27 pm

Hi Maria
Both Auden and Accord are/were manufaactured by Tiofarma in the Netherlands and I understand the composition is identical, the name change seems merely to reflect the sale of the marketing authorisation.
There are about 12 different brands now available in the UK with an NHS list price of £14.33 for 30 tablets (10mg). Resolution are the only lactose-free brand, they are a bit smaller than most but still break to quarters.
I find Alissa don't suit and refuse to accept them and my community pharmacist is aware of my reasons for this.
Teva brand seems to only split in half so tends not to be much help.
I've had 3 or 4 of the others and can't remember spotting any difference in potency.
Tim
member_41389

Postby Mgh » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:56 am

Thank you Stevea for asking and Tim for your reassuring reply. Maria
Mgh

Postby Pat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:11 am

It appears that some patients are being prescribed Hydventia hydrocortisone recently (including me). This is by Resolution Chemicals; it is bit smaller than Auden HC but can be split OK.
Pat

Postby Carl » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:18 pm

I have had all sorts of different brands in the last year, not Auden though, luckily I seem to get on with all of them. One of them is round and the scoring is very light so doesn't always break into halves easily (might be Resolution) and doesn't do quarters at all. I have some tablets currently that look very like Auden in a purple packet and the same oval shape with deep scoring for halves and quarters, I quite like them from an aesthetic point of view!
Carl

Return to Acromegaly