Has anyone with DI been tested for addisons?

Has anyone with DI been tested for addisons?

Postby Rubysox12 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:02 pm

I recenly went to see my endo, i have not been having a good time in terms of symptoms including excessive fatigue, lack of motivation etc :? . I was then sent for thyroid testing, thought no more of it until i got a phone call from the hospital requesting in go in for corisol testing as my initial level came back as 140. (this means nothing to me) has anyone had these tests done or got any information. The websites i have looked at online all point to addisons. :roll:

many thanks in advance for your replys
Rubysox12

Re: Has anyone with DI been tested for addisons?

Postby plum » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi

i think that the '9am cortisol' level is meant to be over 170 nmol / L, so if you had a level of 140 nmol / L then that is probably why they just want to check..... but, from experience, my 9am cortisol levels fluctuate a bit so don't panic (yet) on the basis of just one value.

also, there are loads of things that seem to be linked to fatigue and lack of motivation, including depression, so not obviously addisons, although they clearly need to rule that out.

are they planning on doing a cortisol day curve for you? or just a one -off blood test?

good luck with it all.

plum
plum

Re: Has anyone with DI been tested for addisons?

Postby Rubysox12 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Thanks for your reply plum, not sure what they are planning really. Got a phone call out the blue asking me to go in for a mornings tests. The last test i had was within my routine blood tests around 11.30am. I suppose ill find out what its all about on the 7th jan.

Rubysox
Rubysox12

Return to Diabetes Insipidus