NHS safety alert for DI patients

NHS safety alert for DI patients

Postby Pat » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:03 pm

NHS Patient Safety Alerting System: The Foundation has recently been informed about a very positive development for DI patients. The NHS has implemented a safety alerting system which should help to minimise the risks for DI patients being denied their desmopressin when in hospital. All organisations providing NHS-funded care have to implement this safety alert system by today (March 21st). For more information visit: https://www.england.nhs.uk/patientsafety/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2016/02/psa-desmopressin-080216.pdf The Foundation’s summer campaign this year is focusing on DI awareness in medical professionals; so we are very pleased to hear of this legislation as it is bringing the issue into the spotlight. Details of our campaign will be announced on the website in a few weeks.

This can be very useful for you to print off (at link above)and keep with your medical documents in the event you need medical care.
Pat

Re: NHS safety alert for DI patients

Postby member_31784 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:26 pm

That's great to hear. Just spent a couple of days in UCH and pleased to say they were happy for me to self administer both Desmospray and hydrocortisone.

But they still insisted in testing my blood sugar every day
member_31784

Postby Pat » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:22 am

Maybe us DI patients say that we have Cranial diabetes insipidus would help them understand and do a swift U turn with the finger pricks (for blood sugars) .........
Pat

Postby member_42000 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:55 am

The more information the better I think .
member_42000

Return to Diabetes Insipidus