Society for Endocrinology Guidance

Society for Endocrinology Guidance

Postby member_41389 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi
I've just come across this http://www.endocrineconnections.com/content/7/7/G8 SOCIETY FOR ENDOCRINOLOGY CLINICAL GUIDANCE: Inpatient management of cranial diabetes insipidus which I thought might be of interest. It's in addition to a number of other guidelines which have been published over the last few years see http://www.endocrineconnections.com/search?tocsectionid=Emergency+Guidance&sortspec=date&submit=Submit.
All the best
Tim
member_41389

Re: Society for Endocrinology Guidance

Postby plum » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:34 pm

hi
that's good - maybe eventually the guidance will spread to hospitals and medical schools.
but is handy to carry as a printout just in case.
plum
plum

Postby member_41389 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi
I keep printed copies of the relevant ones in my hospital crash bag along with ADSHG Nursing and Addisons Patient leaflet. They've come in handy on occasion as well.
Tim
member_41389

Postby Pat » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:06 am

This guidance link will be part of our DI awareness campaign this October - more information in autumn Pituitary Life magazine, which is delivered week of 17 September, plus will be advertised on the website too.
Pat

Postby Carl » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:34 am

I have done as suggested in the campaign, and emailed the guidance through to my doctor :-)
Carl

Postby member_31784 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Was in hospital yesterday and used Cranial Diabetes Insipidus with para medics and other staff. Although not foolproof at least the nurse asked “do you take insulin” which meant I avoided unnecessary blood tests and was allowed to self administer Desmopressin.
member_31784

Postby KitKat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Nice to hear.

Those who "do" Twitter will be aware that trustee Stephanie Baldeweg has been plugging DI awareness recently, along with her article in the new issue of The Endocrinologist. https://www.endocrinology.org/endocrino ... ompetence/

It was a real eye-opener for me to read what she had to say, including her reminder of the awful, tragic death from DI of a south London patient some years back, Kane Gorny. His poor family, part of me feels bad that his name has to be recited and his painful story repeated, but we can only hope his death was not in vain and his memory helps to raise hospital awareness everywhere.

Best wishes
KitKat
KitKat

Return to Diabetes Insipidus