Saizen Easypod

Saizen Easypod

Postby Bill » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi all
I am going to be starting GH treatment in the next few weeks and will be using the Saizen Easypod delivery device. I just wondered if anyone else uses this and how they get on with it. :?:
Bill

Re: Saizen Easypod

Postby Danny » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:43 am

Hi,

I have been using one since Dec 08 and its a very easy device to use, everything is done electronically and if you are use to technology you can play with the different settings to find the ideal comfort settings for you.

Your should be assigned someone to look after you and your easypod and show you how to mix your own GH after a while, sounds scary but its a doddle after the first few times. Good thing is they come out to your home so you dont have to keep going back to the Endo clinic and any problems you can call them.

Let me know how you get on with it.
Danny

Postby Bill » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:31 pm

desperatedan wrote:Hi,

I have been using one since Dec 08 and its a very easy device to use, everything is done electronically and if you are use to technology you can play with the different settings to find the ideal comfort settings for you.

Your should be assigned someone to look after you and your easypod and show you how to mix your own GH after a while, sounds scary but its a doddle after the first few times. Good thing is they come out to your home so you dont have to keep going back to the Endo clinic and any problems you can call them.

Let me know how you get on with it.

Thanks desperatedan will do
Bill

Postby Bill » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Endocrine nurse delivered my Easypod today and ran through use of the Easypod and the Click Easy - seems pretty easy. She is leaving it with me for a few days to play with and practice with then coming back with the GH to start the real thing.was really surprised at all the stuff you get with it.Backpack with coolbag and coolblocks,DVD,manual,spare batteries and even a screwdriver to open the battery case with.Was impressed with all the tech on the Pod too and all the different settings. :D
Bill

Postby bazhaney » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:38 pm

you think thats easy ,im on Gh, and i use a humatrope pen,takes about 10 secs from start to finish, even has the hidden needle attachment,same thing ,i came out of Endo ,with a siutcase full.
sharps bin,two pens ,two boxs of needles, dvd the works ,scared me though had what he said £8000 worth of steriods aswell.in this brand new suitcase (WHICH I USED FOR MY HOLS)
bazhaney

Postby Danny » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:50 am

Glad its all going well Bill, when i first got mine it felt like i was injecting myself with something out of star trek :lol:

Just make sure you always have spare batteries, i made the mistake of not replacing the spare batteries once and because it was late at night and no shops open i had to raid the tv remotes :)
Danny

Postby Bill » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:01 pm

Yes Dan got 2 sets of batteries with the pod and I see they have to be lithium.Have been practising with the Easy Click and Pod all week.No sign of my GH arriving yet.Only bad news is that the nurse said she will need a base blood sample before she gives me the first dose of GH.She's not looking forward to that as the the endocrine nurses have been struggling a bit to get veins - my veins seem to have gone on strike since all this kicked off.Mind you I'm not surprised given the ammount of blood samples and canulas I've had.So after all that, injecting myself should be a doddle. :)
Bill

Postby bazhaney » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:57 pm

i was like that ,nurse found that after needle goes in and if blood stop coming out massage just above where needle tip will be and free's up vein.had to tell nurse today,feel ackward telling them there job ,but deep veins are no joke,and it hurts you in the end.come out looking like a pin cushion.
bazhaney

Postby Bill » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 pm

Hooray! nurse is coming tomorrow morning to get me started on my GH, will be glad to finally get started on it. :D
Bill

Postby Bill » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Nurse came this morning and sent an hour and a half with me answering my questions and then supervising me on my first injection.Thought it would be a bit more painful - but I'm not complaining! She said she was really impressed with the Easypod and thought a lot more people would be starting to use them. :)
Bill

Next

Return to Growth Hormone