Split dose?

Split dose?

Postby Coco » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 pm

I have been on GH for about 4 months and my dose is still being adjusted - just been told yesterday by endocrinologist to up my daily dose to 0.6. For the last 2 months, instead of taking one single dose I have been spliting it into twice daily doses (ie 0.2 when I get up and 0.3 just before going to bed).

I tried doing this partly because I was feeling fatigued in the evenings (and this seems to help) and partly because I sometimes work nights so it left me with the dilemna to inject before work (about 6pm) or when I went to bed in the morning (about 7.30am) thus messing up the intervals between doses.

When I mentioned it to my endocrinologist she suggested that any perceived benefit may just be psychological (maybe, but if it works....) and that she would suggest that a once nightly dose before bedtime better imitated the body's natural release of GH, as it's produced while dropping off to sleep. However, I have also read that various activities stimulate GH production in non-pituitary patients ie. exercise and eating and she didn't give any indication that what I am doing is harmful.

Does anyone else out there split their dose or know of any advice for or against doing so?

Coco x
Coco

Re: Split dose?

Postby Bill » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi Coco
I asked my Endocrinologist about best time to take GH and he said the same thing as yours.As to splitting the dose I don't really know if this is a good idea or not.it could be all in the mind as your Endo says, but again if it works for you then fair enough.
Be interesting to see if anyone else splits their dose. :)
Bill

Postby Danny » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:24 am

Nope, never heard of splitting doses with G.H, been on saizen for over 2 years now and i take it last thing at night before bed unless i am going out for a few drinks in which case i take it before going out just in case i come in a little worse for wear and forget to take it or try and inject myself while drunk which believe me gets a little bit messy :shock: (learnt my lesson with that one very quickly).

Occasionally when working away for 2 days i inject myself on the morning before leaving for whatever part of the country i am heading for to save me taking ice packs and so on with me overnight and i dont feel any difference at all.
Danny

Postby Bill » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Lol, I sometimes get messy even when sober Danny but I suppose the drink could act as an anaesthetic! Its funny when using the Easypod - sometimes I hardly feel it next time it nips like ****. I sometimes think I get a blunt needle, have you had the same experience? :D
Bill

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:02 am

Yes i get it quite often Bill, i have decided its pot luck so everytime i inject i brace myself for it to hurt like hell and the majority of the time i dont feel a thing.
I also find that i tend to bleed a little when injecting into my thigh so tend to stick to injecting in the stomach as there is more to inject there :D
Danny

Postby Bill » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi Danny
Haven't tried doing my stomach yet.I know what you mean by bracing yourself,i sometimes seem to lift the Easypod off my skin in anticipation and have to start again or only give myself a part injection because I lift off. Last night I got a good bit of blood and quite a lump on my leg and have a small bruise this morning. Each injection seems to be a bit like eating a box of chocolates - you are never sure what you are going to get! :D
Bill

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:17 pm

From experience Bill and plenty of experimenting i find it easier going if you actually push the easypod down nice and firm on the skin, if you hold off slightly it does hurt more and can cause bleeding and like you say a nice lump afterwards. Try injecting in the stomach, get a good fleshy part (which i am not short of) and give it a go, its not as bad as you think.

My Endo nurse told me i should rotate my injection sites so left side of stomach one night, next night right side, next night left thigh and then right thigh next night, all makes sense but i often just stick to different parts of the stomach as i tend to inject stood up and injecting into your thigh stood up isnt comfortable.

With the mini quicks i lean round and jab my backside as i dont feel a thing when doing it there but trying to do that with the easypod wouldnt be easy :)

Its great being able to share these things isnt it :lol:
Danny

Postby Bill » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Will try my stomach tonight Danny. I always do my thigh whilst sitting down and would imagine it would be a real hassle to use the Easypod on my rear end.
I don't know anything about the mini quicks at all. :)
Bill

Return to Growth Hormone