lost one baby i worry the next pregnancy will end in heartache too. :(
Any information would be greatfully recieved. :P

many thanks
xx
Rubysox12

Re: sucessful pregnancy with di

Postby Pat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:37 am

Hi

I will find some helpful advice for you and respond as soon as I can.
Could be useful to post this on the forum, but if you prefer to contact me directly, please email me on pat@pituitary.org.uk

many thanks

Pat
Pat

Postby Pat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:45 pm

DI can become worse in pregnancy. This is because the placenta is very good at breaking down DDAVP and, in addition, the body 'takes on' fluid in pregnancy to expand volume. So, women who don't need DDAVP normally may find they do need it during pregnancy. In addition, some women find they need to increase their dose in pregnancy. At this stage, the patient needs to follow (be guided by) their thirst- and talk things through with an obstetrician who has experience of DI in pregnancy or an endocrinologist who has.
To reassure you, a lady safely had three children whilst taking medication for her DI - her story is in Pituitary Life, February 2012.

We can help further if you have any queries about this.

take care

Pat
Pat

Postby Rubysox12 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Thank you for your reply, next time i fall pregnant ill just make sure i dont get fobbed off by the doctors and follow my own bodies feelings.

once again thank you
Rubysox12

Postby Shelley » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 am

Hi,
I have had 2 very "normal" pregnancy's.Both babies were totally healthy.My son is now 8yrs and my daughter is now 4yrs.My DI or my DDAVP spray did not effect them.I did find I had to take a little more of my DDAVP.I didnt take it at regular times I just took it each time it ran out.
Dont worry!
Please feel free to contact me if you need any more advice or info,I remember I was very worried when I first became pregnant.My email is shelley754618@gmail.com
I am away later today and wont be back for 2 weeks,But I can get back to you then.
Take care
Shelley
Shelley

Postby member_32969 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi I have just read this! I have have had di since I was 4 and I have 2 boys aged 7 and 4. I have also had 3 miscarriages unfortunately :( one before my oldest one inbetween my boys and one after my 4 year old. However I have 2 amazing boys and although I was monitored closely by an endroconololgist it was fine. My youngest was born with a condition (duodenum atresia) but he was operated on soon after birth and he is a normal healthy 4 year old now who has just started school. Anyway that is completely unrelated to my di! :)
Lisa
member_32969

Return to Diabetes Insipidus