Merry Christmas

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby Pat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:33 pm

Hi everyone

The terms to click to accept has been reinstated only for extra protection of users. It is just a good reminder/safeguard, which many online sites will have.
Facebook groups may be more popular these days for some pituitary patients; they do seem to have many more posting and responding.

hope everyone is keeping well at the start of 2020

Pat
Pat

Postby member_41389 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:44 pm

Hi Pat
I'd note that there are a couple of relevant points about the acceptable use policy. Firstly it was reinstated and then removed again a couple of years ago because it was considered an unnecessary hurdle. Secondly the moderators know who every poster is and can contact them directly if they consider that there is an issue with a post.
There is a separate issue with Facebook and Twitter posts, they are neither private to an interest group nor is there any validation of people posting; there is also the not so minor point that I don't want Facebook to know about my medical concerns.
The key point about the ADSHG forum and their discussions was that you could be confident that the contributors had a personal stake in what was said, they'd paid for access, they were either patients of carers, they gave considered comments and they tried to be constructive. They might be less than well informed but they tried.
Take care
Tim
member_41389

Postby Mgh » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:24 am

Tim's concerns about Facebook chime with mine!
Maria
Mgh

Previous

Return to Pituitary Foundation